Last episode, Haruhi decided that the SOS Brigade is going to film a movie!
Oh boy, I can’t wait to see the masterpiece they manage to put together under her peerless leadership!
After acquiring a camera and some BB guns last episode, Haruhi, Kyon, and Mikuru go home. The next day Haruhi forces Mikuru to wear her costume for the movie, a waitress outfit! She looks great, although she isn’t very comfortable wearing it.. And then the next day, the club packs up and heads down to the two shops that donated to their movie cause – to film a commercial for them, that will be included in the movie! They’ll be swimming in customers soon enough, I’m sure.
The next day after that, the club meets up for their first day of filming for the movie. They go to a park, and film a bunch of random scenes, with no dialogue. Kyon voices his concerns, but Haruhi tells him to stop worrying about it, because they can just add dialogue on top of the video later. Genius!
The episode ends while they are filming.
To be continued!
This is what Haruhi is all about! High school activities at Haruhi’s whim that only serve to make the SOS Brigade look even more ridiculous than I’m sure people think they are. But as long as they’re having fun, who cares right? I wonder if there will be any supernatural elements to this movie. Maybe Yuki will do something while filming, or maybe she will be able to use her powers to edit the movie a certain way.
Speaking of which, it turns out that Mikuru is playing a girl from the future in the movie, Yuki is playing an alien witch, and Itsuki is playing an esper high school student. What a coincidence!
At this point I’m looking forward to either an awful, slapped together movie, or a masterpiece by the SOS Brigade at the cultural festival. I’m also still looking forward to that survey, and curious about it.
The best moment this episode was when they were filming and Kyon asked Haruhi about a script. Her response:
“We’d be in big trouble if I wrote it down and it got leaked.”
So there you have it.
Everything is planned out in Haruhi’s head, no need for storyboards of scripts.
I’m sure this movie is going to be perfect.
The filming has only just begun, which means that there’s more to look forward to. I, for one, expect this movie to be an absolute blockbuster of a movie, given how smooth everything has gone so far. Definitely excited to witness more of the creation of this legendary film in the next episode.
So, until next time!
Thanks for reading.
Other Haruhi Posts
- Episode 2 (#1) – Series Introduction
- Episode 3 (#2) – Bullying Kyon Edition
- Episode 5 (#3) – Yuki’s Glasses Edition
- Episode 10 (#4) – Contrast Edition
- Episode 13 (#5) – Real Talk Edition
- Episode 14 (#6) – Romance Edition
- Episode 4 (#7) – Let’s Play Ball! Edition
- Episode 15 (#8) – Introspective Edition
- Episode 7 (#9) – Supernatural Exterminator Edition
- Episode 6 (#10) – Fun in the Sun Edition
- Episode 8 (#11) – “Dark Stormy Night” Edition
- Episode 16 (#12) – “You can have one, but only one.” Edition
- Episode 17 (#13) – Haruhi’s Declaration Edition
- Episode 18 (#14) – Noble Aspirations Edition
- Episode 19 (#15) – Bikes Edition
- Episode 20 (#16) – Hands Up Edition
- Episode 21 (#17) – Festival Edition
- Episode 22 (#18) – Lunch? Edition
- Episode 23 (#19) – Just Yomu Edition
- Episode 24 (#20) – Summer is Over!! Edition
- Episode 25 (#21) – Back to Business Edition
- Episode 26 (#22) – Bullying Mikuru Asahina Edition
- Episode 27 (#23) – Director Haruhi Edition
- Episode 28 (#24) – Talking Cat Edition
- Episode 01 (#25) – Directorial Debut Edition
- Episode 12 (#26) – God Knows Edition
- Episode 11 (#27) – All Hands On Deck! Edition
- Episode 9 (#28) – Good News Edition
4 thoughts on “Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu: Episode 25 (#21)”
Pingback: The Sunshine Blogger Award • tfwanime
Among life’s unanswerable questions, I’ve always wondered if Haruhi’s a Variable Geo fan, and if that’s where she got the “battle waitress” idea for Mikuru.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Never heard of Variable Geo, but I figured Haruhi just wanted Mikuru to wear something revealing. She’d probably film Mikuru naked if she could.
It was a 90s franchise that started as a series of adult-oriented Street Fighter type games and eventually got two anime adaptations: an ecchi OVA and a hentai. The premise is that the characters are waitresses battling in a martial arts tournament for a huge prize, but the match losers are punished by being forced to publicly strip naked – or sometimes worse – after their defeat (another reason I suspect Haruhi might be a fan, since we know how much she loves those punishment games). I’ve only seen the OVA, which was a decent sexy action show with some pretty good fights, saddled with maybe the single worst English dub I’ve ever heard.
LikeLiked by 1 person