It’s summertime, summertime, summertime! in the Haruhi world.
This means summer activities and more!
Speaking of which, I’ve been recording how my summer has been going so far also.
I was watching a baseball game between two Japanese teams, even though I wasn’t interested at all. I ended up cheering for the underdog, but was interrupted by a phone call. They told me to bring my bike to the train station, but it was too hot so I drove instead. I ended up racing a kid on his bike with my car to the pool.
Pool was very crowded. I tried to hold my breath underwater but couldn’t last more than 4 seconds. Lots of chlorine, had to shower again when I got home.
I was told that there are lots of things to do in the summertime, like festivals, fireworks, bug catching, part-time work, stargazing, batting cage, fishing, test of courage, movies, and karaoke. Went to a food festival, no fireworks.
Began to do some planning for the summertime.
Went bug catching all alone. Caught a lot of mosquitoes with my arms and legs. Also found a dead beetle on the road. Must have been hit by a car. Saw a snake too, but it slithered away from me when I got close.
Ended up staying until sunset, and released all of the bugs I caught.
Noticed some bears in the forest.
Worked a part-time job for no pay because someone asked me to. They said it was going to be a fun and fulfilling experience, but it wasn’t. I had to stand by the road holding up a sign.
Next time, I’m bringing a fan.
My time machine stopped working. Suspect it hasn’t been working since summer began. Not sure why that is, but it has me feeling uneasy. Might need the time machine at some point.
I suspect the increased bear activity has something to do with it.
Decided to start building a new one.
Called Rentaro to ask for help.
Climbed onto the roof and looked for stars with my telescope. Couldn’t see any through the light pollution. Will try again tomorrow night.
New time machine is finished.
Still have to test it out, but I have to go to a fishing tournament tomorrow, so will have to wait to see if it works or not. Should be fine though, because I followed most of Rentaro’s instructions.
The bears stole my time machine.
I should have been more careful like Rentaro wanted me to be.
Called Rentaro, but no answer.
I suspect that the bears have used the time machine in order to go back in time and
Other Haruhi Posts
- Episode 2 (#1) – Series Introduction
- Episode 3 (#2) – Bullying Kyon Edition
- Episode 5 (#3) – Yuki’s Glasses Edition
- Episode 10 (#4) – Contrast Edition
- Episode 13 (#5) – Real Talk Edition
- Episode 14 (#6) – Romance Edition
- Episode 4 (#7) – Let’s Play Ball! Edition
- Episode 15 (#8) – Introspective Edition
- Episode 7 (#9) – Supernatural Exterminator Edition
- Episode 6 (#10) – Fun in the Sun Edition
- Episode 8 (#11) – “Dark Stormy Night” Edition
- Episode 16 (#12) – “You can have one, but only one.” Edition
- Episode 17 (#13) – Haruhi’s Declaration Edition
- Episode 18 (#14) – Noble Aspirations Edition
- Episode 19 (#15) – Bikes Edition
- Episode 20 (#16) – Hands Up Edition
- Episode 21 (#17) – Festival Edition
- Episode 22 (#18) – Lunch? Edition
- Episode 23 (#19) – Just Yomu Edition
- Episode 24 (#20) – Summer is Over!! Edition
- Episode 25 (#21) – Back to Business Edition
- Episode 26 (#22) – Bullying Mikuru Asahina Edition
- Episode 27 (#23) – Director Haruhi Edition
- Episode 28 (#24) – Talking Cat Edition
- Episode 01 (#25) – Directorial Debut Edition
- Episode 12 (#26) – God Knows Edition
- Episode 11 (#27) – All Hands On Deck! Edition
- Episode 9 (#28) – Good News Edition