It’s time to kick off the WordPress Aniblogger Collaboration!
You can view this post for an idea of what it’s all about.
Everyone is welcome to participate.
If you are reading this, consider joining in!
I’ll give a quick overview here as well:
- The anime is This Art Club Has a Problem!
- Each week, for each episode I will post a list of themes, starting with this one.
(You don’t have to keep up with this pace – feel free to post at your leisure. Once everything is over I will create a megapost listing everyone’s posts for every episode so that everyone can browse through everything and catch posts they may have missed).
- Pick a theme, watch the episode, and write a post about it!
- You are free to write however you wish, and as much as you wish.
Just be sure to write about your chosen theme in relation to the episode!
- Please tag the post the theme list post where you got your chosen theme (ex. tag this post for episode 1) so that I can keep track of everyone’s posts. I will also update this post with a list of everyone’s posts as we go.
- Have fun!
I want to emphasize that you can write in any way you’d like, from a regular post that also touches upon your chosen theme to a post that fully dives into and explores the theme (possibly to a comedic extent, depending on the theme). You can also write as little or as much as you want – even a short post that brings out thoughts on your chosen theme in relation to the episode is great.
If you think you’ll have trouble finding time to write one post per episode, that’s fine too! Skip over episodes, or write multiple episodes in one post if you’d like. I want this to be accessible to everyone – better that we can experience a little bit of what you have to say than nothing at all!
The goal is to try and create a wide variety of opinions, viewpoints, & perspectives on the same anime. I encourage you all to try and pick themes that you wouldn’t normally think about when watching anime, and themes that will lead to topics you normally would not write about. Also don’t worry if you’ve chosen or want to choose the same theme as someone else, I’m sure whatever you come up with will still be quite unique and different!
Hopefully we can get some interesting takes, and great conversations going between us all. I encourage everyone to check out all of the posts involved in this collab! The more interaction the better I think.
Now for the themes.
I’ve created two main categories for themes: Core Themes and Episodic Themes.
Core themes will be present and available for every single episode, as they are very broad and can be interpreted in a number of ways. Great for discussion / analysis I think, and should work well across the entire season.
Episodic themes will change every episode, and range from broad to specific, listed in that order. I wanted to include some very specific themes so that if you are strapped for time you can still participate and put out a short post that utilizes a specific theme. Some I may bring back in future episodes, some might be altered slightly as we go, and some might just show up for a single episode. After we begin the anime I will be able to create themes relating to specific characters and events occurring within the anime.
There will also be a third category, called Theme Challenges, that may show up at some point. Not every episode will have theme challenges, but the point of these will be to challenge the way you watch the anime or challenge you to accomplish something while watching the anime. Think of these as an extra layer to accompany your chosen theme for fun, to spice things up. Completely optional, although I will be partaking in all of them (it’s only fair considering I’ve devised them all!).
Episode 1 Themes
- The Spirit of the Artist
- Sometimes it’s the Small Things in Anime
- Moral Dilemmas
- How Does This Compare to the Classics?
- The Hidden Dark Side of the Art Club
- What’s in a Name?
- Hairstyles & hair colours.
- First impressions are important: a critique of the first 5 minutes of the episode.
- Tips & tricks for making new friends at school.
- Suggestions to spruce up the school’s image.
- Whats been going on in the bottom left quadrant of the screen.
- The first joke
- Favourite background character (so far)
- Which character seems most likely to win at monopoly?
Pick one (or more if you’d really like) and make sure to keep it in mind when watching episode 1. Of course, you can always change your theme after watching the episode if you’d like, but I’d like to challenge you to pick one and stick with it, no matter how things turn out. Even if your chosen theme doesn’t jump out at you in the episode, try to get creative with your post!
As for myself, I’d like to try out all of the core themes at some point.
For episode 1 though, I choose “suggestions to spruce up the school’s image“.
Let’s see how far my school anime experience can take me with this one..
I look forward to reading what you all have to write based off one of the above themes!
Don’t forget to tag this post with your episode 1 post so that we can use this post as a reference for everyone! I will be adding them below as we go for episode 1.
Episode 1 Posts:
- Aria – What’s in a name?
- Jenn – Sometimes it’s the Small Things in Anime
- Jon Spencer – First impressions are important: a critique on the first five minutes of the episode.
- Karandi – The Spirit of the Artist
- L-zerb – The First Joke + Hairstyle & Hair Colour
- WhoAmI? – The Dark Side of the Art Club
- Yomu – Suggestions to spruce up the school’s image.
Until next time!
Thanks for reading.